Australia eta is a paradise land and if you intend to visit this country, you must check your eligibility for electronic travel authorization to avoid applying for visitor visa. Electronic authorization is a good alternative that you can apply online or offline, subject to the country of your passport issue. The application procedure is quite simple but you have to carefully fill all your details to avoid denial due to details not matching your passport details. ETA is a document that has to be obtained before you enter the country for which are applying.
Know about ETA details
Although ETA issuance is much simpler compared to visa issue, yet you should know everything about this document before you apply. The best way to get details of Australian electronic travel authorization is the official website www.eta.immi.gov.au of the Australian government that illustrates every aspect and facility to apply ETA online. You can follow the guidelines contained therein before you proceed to fill in your ETA application.
Australia ETA conditions
Electronic Travel Authorization has specified rules that are different from visa rules but their understanding is a must before you intend to apply for ETA because this would help you know about the pros and cons of getting this document. Let’s understand these conditions one by one.
- ETA is issued for the purpose of short-term stay for tourism or specified business purposes only.
- ETA is valid for maximum of 12 months from the date of its issue with frequency of unlimited number of visits, but within the validity of your passport.
- Each visit under ETA can be for a maximum of three months.
- You can study in some short-term course not exceeding three months’ duration but not allowed to work under ETA.
- You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, regardless of serving one or more sentences.
- You must not have suffered from tuberculosis.